torsdag 11 augusti 2011

E-writing assignment 3

1) Google/look up and learn more about the following poetic forms: the sonnet, the nonnet, the ode and the haiku. Select and post one of your attempts at the form of your choice.

A nonnet is a type of poem with nine lines. The first line should contain nine syllables, the second line eight, the third line seven, and so on. I do apologize for this nonnet, hopefully it won’t embarrass you too much.. :P
Here it goes:
Her fingers all over my body
Touching every inch of skin
My heart starts beating faster
She touches the button
Rubbing it faster
Babe, don’t stop now
Carry on
Make me
Come


2) Write and post a poem of your own in any shape, form or style.


To Evert!
His nose is warm and perfect as a button,
and he's well-behaved and not like a mutton.
He’s covered with silky hair,
and he always seems to care.
He has the cutest little tail,
and his ears are finally rising like a sail.
He walks pretty in a leash,
and he's always eager to please.
He has a special spot in my heart,
and hopefully we’ll never be apart.



 

3) Write and post a limerick whose first line includes one of the following names or places. (Wales)

There once was a big loser from Wales
who always told the craziest tales
about sailing the sea
in the shell of a pea
using his big hairy ears as sails.

3 kommentarer:

  1. I really like all of the them. The first one is a little bit daring. The seconed one is beautifuly rhymed and gave me the feeling of coziness. The third one is also good and the last line is funny.

    SvaraRadera
  2. The nonnet is really nice!
    The free poem is cute and I really like the idea with the picture!
    The limerick isn't very nasty but quite funny.
    Good work! :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. For me poetry should be personal, and I'm a daring person. ;)
    I have to say that I really struggled with this assignment.. I don't like letting my heart out, but I think I managed on that part? :P

    Thank U both for reading and commenting! :D

    SvaraRadera