tisdag 5 juli 2011

E-writing assignment 2.3

Create a scenario of your own (involving 2-4 characters) without describing it and then convert it into a self-contained dialogue of no more than 500 words. Our job as your readers will be to work out as much as we can about the scenario and the characters involved from the dialogue alone. 

The Dragon

“A pleasure to meet you, I’m Jill.” Jill said and offered her hand as she was squinting in the bright sunlight.
“Likewise, I’m Ian, the best-man. This is my wife, Holly.”
“Hello, Holly, what a lovely dress.” Jill eyed the young woman up and down admiringly.
“Thank you. It’s not too much? Ian thought it would be. He didn’t want me to outshine the bride.”
“She’s so darn lovely, I thought we would be getting in trouble, her wearing something like that.”
“You two are the cutest couple ever, after the two getting married of course.” Jill said with a twinkle in her eye.
“We are happily married.” Holly said.
“How long have you two been married?”
“Two years on Friday.” Ian said with a big smile.
“Congratulations! Love is hard to find these days.”
“She wasn’t hard to find at all. She fell onto me like a rock.” Ian laughed.
“She fell onto you?”
“You should tell the story, honey. You give it justice.” Ian said to his wife.
“Jill doesn’t want to hear our story. It’s too sleazy.”
“No, please! I’d love to hear it!”
“Ok, then.” Holly smiled. “It was new years eve 2008. I and Ian were attending the same party. The groom’s party, actually...”
“I was on that party too!” Jill said interrupting.
“Really? I didn’t see you there?” Ian said surprised. “ I think I would have noticed you.” 
“Well, it was a masquerade-party, I didn’t see anyone.” Jill giggled.
“Anyway...” Holly continued. “I saw The Big Bad Wolf standing all alone in the corner. By the bar.”
“That would be me!” Ian said with a smile.
“He looked so lonely without his Little Red Riding Hood. And as it happened, I went as The Little Red Riding Hood.”
“That had to be a sign or something, because I’ve never seen such a beautiful creature in my whole life. A pure red-head and all!”
“There was only one thing in the way.” Holly looked serious. “Ian’s ex.”
“The Dragon, we call her.” Ian interrupted her once again.
“Yes, the dragon.” Holly continued, clearly irritated about the interruption.
“So what happened next?”
“Nothing. I went home and tried to forget about her.”
“But, how...?”
“Well, six months later I went skydiving.” Holly continued. “Lost control and had to land in the village park. Ian and his friends, including the groom, were sunbathing and I fell right into his lap.”
“No way! Were you hurt?”
“No, just lost control of the steering. Not a biggie.” Holly said with a huge smile showing all of her white straight teeth.
“It was then we realized that we were meant to be. Six months later we got married.” Ian said proudly putting his arm around his wife’s small waist.
“Wow, that’s quite a story!” Holly said. “What happened to The Dragon?”
“She’s the bride!”
  

5 kommentarer:

  1. Well, I guess they're standing outside the church or something like that :).
    It's a nice dialogue, but shouldn't it be Jill who says the penultimate line and not Holly?

    SvaraRadera
  2. I would say they are in or outside the church or place where the wedding is about to be. I think that there could have been more informarion about the ex to make more of a twist to the ending. Are they liking the ex or not? Are they attending the wedding out of spite? or to get closure? Otherwise good written dialogue, I really could hear the conversation as I was reading it. Good work! /EmmaCassiopeja

    SvaraRadera
  3. Very well done. Its a good scenario which makes me start to wonder what will happen next:)

    SvaraRadera
  4. That's for me to know and you to find out.. ;)

    SvaraRadera
  5. Yeah well. Wasn't really happy with this dialogue, I did the best I could with the limited amounts of words. I could have done it "less talking- more describing". But maybe next time.

    Thx for ur comments. They're really helpful! :)

    SvaraRadera